Hey there lovebirds! Are you planning your big day and want to make sure your guests have the time of their lives? Well, you’re in luck because Events by Natasha is here to help! Today, we’re going to talk about wedding favours and activities to make your guests feel special and keep them entertained throughout the day. Trust us, a little extra effort goes a long way in creating a memorable guest experience. Let’s get started!
Welcome to Events by Natasha, your go-to source for all things wedding planning! Today, we’re here to talk about one of the most important aspects of any wedding: creating an unforgettable guest experience. And what better way to do that than with some exciting wedding favours and activities?
First things first, let’s define what we mean by “wedding favours.” These are small gifts or tokens of appreciation that couples give their guests as a way of saying “thank you for being a part of our special day.” Wedding favours can be anything from traditional candies or chocolates to personalised items that reflect the couple’s unique personality.
Here are a few examples of wedding favours that are sure to delight your guests:
- Personalised Champagne Flutes: Engrave your guests’ names or initials onto a champagne flute so that they can raise a toast to your special day.
- Customised Candles: Create personalised candles with your wedding date and names on them. Your guests will love having a special keepsake to take home and remember your big day.
- Miniature Succulents: Give your guests a small succulent plant as a wedding favour. Not only will it serve as a beautiful and long-lasting reminder of your wedding day, but it also makes for a great eco-friendly option.
- Personalised Kippahs: For a Jewish wedding, consider giving your guests personalised kippahs (also known as yarmulkes) with the couple’s names and wedding date on them. Not only will they be a practical gift for the ceremony, but they also make for a meaningful keepsake for guests to take home.
Activities for Wedding Guests
In addition to wedding favours, it’s important to consider how you can keep your guests entertained and engaged throughout the day. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Lawn Games: Set up a few lawn games like giant Jenga, cornhole, or bocce ball for guests to play during cocktail hour or after dinner.
- Photo Booth: A photo booth is always a hit at weddings! Provide props and a backdrop for guests to take fun and memorable photos.
- Dessert Bar: Create a dessert bar with a variety of sweet treats for guests to enjoy. This is a great option for couples who don’t want to do a traditional wedding cake.
- DIY Cocktail Station: Set up a DIY cocktail station with ingredients and instructions for guests to make their own drinks. This is a fun and interactive way to keep guests entertained.
- Late-Night Snacks: Serve up some late-night snacks like mini grilled cheese sandwiches or pizza bites to keep guests fueled for dancing the night away.
- Hora Dance: For a Jewish wedding, consider adding a hora dance to the list of activities. The hora is a traditional Jewish dance where guests dance in a circle and lift the couple on chairs. It’s a fun and lively way to celebrate the newlyweds and get everyone on the dance floor. Make sure to have a live band or DJ that can play traditional Jewish music to really get the party going!
Remember, the key to creating a memorable guest experience is to think outside the box and incorporate personal touches that reflect your unique style and personality as a couple.
Combining Wedding Favours and Activities
Combining wedding favours and activities is a great way to create a cohesive and memorable guest experience. Here are some tips on how you can achieve this:
- Creating a cohesive theme: Start by selecting a wedding theme or colour scheme for your wedding. This will help you choose favours and activities that complement each other. For example, if you’re having a beach wedding, consider giving out sunglasses as favours and setting up a sandcastle building station as an activity.
- How to incorporate favours into activities: Think about how you can incorporate your wedding favours into the activities you have planned. For example, if you’re giving out mini champagne bottles as favours, you could set up a DIY mimosa bar for guests to make their own drinks. If you’re giving out succulents as favours, you could set up a planting station for guests to create their own mini gardens.
- Tips for selecting activities that complement favours: Look for activities that tie in with your wedding favours in some way. For example, if you’re giving out customised koozies as favours, you could set up a beer pong station for guests to play during cocktail hour. If you’re giving out personalised matchboxes as favours, you could set up a s’mores station for guests to roast marshmallows and create their own sweet treats.
Remember, the key to combining wedding favours and activities is to think creatively and have fun with it! Your guests will appreciate the extra effort you put into making their experience memorable. And who knows, they might even take some of your ideas and incorporate them into their own future events.
In conclusion, there are many creative and fun ways to make your wedding day memorable for both you and your guests. Whether it’s incorporating personal touches, unique activities, or combining favours and activities, the possibilities are endless. At Events by Natasha, we believe that every wedding should reflect the couple’s personality and style, and we are here to help you achieve that. So don’t be afraid to think outside the box and have fun with planning your special day!